There´s a post on Google Online Security blogspot about YouTube view counts and their controversy related to fraudulent views.
I have received proposals to do for example a pre-roll video with a video from a YouTube video channel LOL
So, this is related to third party view service providers: It is not allowed purchasing views for videos directly from third-party websites (e.g. paying $10 for 10,000 views).
Why not use these services?
- YouTube is an organic video site and the best way to naturally distribute your video content.
- In terms of distributing branded content YouTube TrueView solutions offer a robust and scalable way to distribute media.
- TrueView builds view counts that creators care about at an extremely cost effective rate, on a pure/native video platform.
- TrueView offers a brand safe, native video-viewing experience with myriad targeting capabilities with deep insight into our content and audience makeup.
If you're going to use one of these services, find out how they promote your content and do your due diligence.
- Ask how they seed your videos
- Ask about transparency of data and analytics
- Ask about targeted demographics
- Ask if they use videos as incentivization or gating items
The question: How to increase YouTube Views?
A legitimate view is a view is a user-initiated watch of a video where the primary purpose is to watch the video; this means that a real human being wishes to see a video, chooses which video to watch, and then acts on that choice.
Strategies for gaining YouTube views not allowed:
Services that attempt to get YouTube views through automated means or attempt to force or trick viewers into watching videos are not ok. This could include the following:
- Purchasing views from third-party websites (e.g. paying $10 for 10,000 views)
- Deceptive layouts on third party websites that trick viewers into playing a video when they click unrelated elements on the page.
- Serving pop-unders: A new window that appears under a current window.
- Redirects: When the URL changes and sends the viewer to a new page in the middle of a click.
All these practices are describe here: Spam, deceptive practices, and scams as a result you could have a frozen view count
See also: YouTube Terms of service
See also: YouTube view counts on embeded videos