Monday, 29 June 2009
So this is what I feel like about the event
Day 1 / Friday 26
- Design Interaction Masterclass: I couldn´t go because of work. It was about prototyping and things like that.
- LaDespensa: Neither did I go. This is a Spanish Agency centered in video and advertising.
- GrupoW: Nice! I have always thought tha GroupW abuses of using video websites, specially as the y haven´t the same speed as Europe (Mexico). Some of their sites have excesive preloading times. Anyway, I liked very mucha their interactive sites, their advergaming, the making of of the projects, and yes, yes we flash!!!
- Interbrand: Very interesting, they made a seminar in DMSTK some time ago. I didn´t know they had done the trademark of Mad009. Very serius and corporative. It is quite curious the alliance between DMSTK + Interbrand, can be a great one! They´re planning exporting the format of the event to Lisboa, London and some place more I miss.
- Herraiz & Soto: One of my favorites related to interaction. In the past they were the best hand to hand with DoubleYou, but this one lost a lot when Borgström left them. They talk about making Rock and Roll and having fans instead of customers (as Apple). Also they talked a lot about where is the advertising market going. They defend and promote technology. Great!
- Antoine et Manuel: These two amusing french people have lots of talent and many many jobs, some even in the Louvre. I´m happy to have news from our neighbours. They had some problems with the English but it was great when they talked about the money they got and things like that.
- Alex Trochut: Designers were really enthusiastic with this boy. It was interesting to hear about his trayectory and his family. Alex Trochut or how to become an artist, I would say. I think he´s got much more work than what he showed. Anyway his speech was about his progress.
- Johny Kelly: A last-minute exibition cos he was the substitute of n Hilman Curtis que estaba enfermo. He is the author of Procrastination and The Seed. Told us about the making of of his motion graphics. He even tried to record the noise of lobsters boiling!!! Saturday we had the opportunity to have meal with him and he told us how is it to work in London.
Day 2 / Saturday 27
- Laura Meseguer: I couldn´t go because of work. She´s a tipografist talking about which type to choose and when.
- DNX Group: If you follow Mad009 impressions he is being critizised. This is because he talked about a university that he wants to place in Spain. People misunderstood him and thought all he wanted to do was selling a Master. But it wasn´t, cos everything comes from a fundation. Anyway, he also explained about a travel he made around Europe and America getting in touch with the best Interaction and Design Colleges.
- BaseMotion: For me the best. They talked about workflow, creative phases, interaction customer-agency. The works Perspectives and Telex are really good!
- Agency Republic: I think this man know a lot about advertising, but I´m not sure Augmented reality is the best way to make an exhibition. His theme was creativity, with a lot of examples. His voice would be something like: - Believe!
- Domestika: From the organizers of the event, I couldn´t attend.
- Waskman: Last year was the best. This time they took the Marketing Director of Vodafone Spain so as to see the customer´s point of view. This is an agency making events and promotions, really funny. It´s amazing how they use advertising laterally (using bloggers or news).
- Trevor Jackson: This was an interview with this multidisciplinar artist-designer. Nice format.
- Pentagram: Great works but I missed a bit more rythmical exhibition.
What can I tell about the organisers? It was good. This year you could see two screens instead of one. More media. Masterclass (special class about tipography and interaction).
Actually this is a multidisciplinar event in touch with Design, Motion, Art, Interaction, Music, and at the same time answering some important questions everyone of us have: Workflow, how to make things? Why? Where is all these going? etc.